In an image made from video, actress Amanda Bynes, center, wearing sweats and a blonde wig, is escorted after a Manhattan criminal court appearance on Friday May 24, 2013, in New York. Bynes was arrested Thursday evening and charged with reckless endangerment after police say she heaved a marijuana bong out of out of her Manhattan apartment ...
Friday, May 24, 2013 | 12:36 p.m. An air quality advisory has been issued for this weekend because of concerns about smoke from a Southern California wildfire making its way into the Las Vegas Valley. The fire started after what was supposed to be a controlled burn got out of control and has impacted about 800 acres in San Diego County. The Clark County Department of Air Quality issued the ...
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Aeromexico, Mexico's global airline, together with the Government of Sonora, announces its new route Las Vegas - Puerto Penasco - Hermosillo, Mexico, starting on June 20th, on a seminary and cocktail presentation that took place at the Consulate of Mexico at Las Vegas. These events were offered to travel agents and tour operators, with the presence of the authorities of ...
Senator Tick Segerblom of the 77th (2013) Nevada Senatorial District. CARSON CITY -- A proposal to allow the Nevada Legislature to meet in Las Vegas is being scrapped. Sen. Tick Segerblom, D-Las Vegas, said Friday he is proposing an amendment to strip from his resolution a proposal to allow sessions of the Legislature in Southern Nevada or elsewhere in the state outside of Carson City. ...
The Clark County Department of Air Quality issued an advisory Friday for ozone and smoke pollutants that will be in effect until Sunday. The advisory pertains to ground-level ozone and smoke due to the wildfire in San Felipe, Calif., local weather conditions, and existing levels of pollutants. Unhealthy levels of air pollution were not occurring late Friday morning, but the weather this weekend ...
89.9°F Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the SE at 8.0 MPH Gusting to 11.0 MPH
Biopics are always tricky propositions because they invariably take the same approach to the material, regardless of the subject. Even the best biopics, the ones that truly get at the heart of the persons life story and make you feel the arc of life, almost always resort to a greatest hits parade ... ...
Other clubs on and off the Strip also have the biggest Hollywood names for parties this Memorial Day Weekend. The list is so monstrous that we broke it out as a separate section from the ...
The Rawson-Neal Psychiatric Hospital is not at risk of losing millions of dollars in federal funding, at least for now. The federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services on Friday announced the approval of the plan of correction submitted by the Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health Services, the agency that oversees the Las Vegas hospital. Rawson-Neal received $3.2 million in Medicare ...
RENO -- The defense rested its case this morning in the illegal campaign contribution trial of former power broker Harvey Whittemore. Whittemore's wife, Annette, was one of the last defense witnesses. Whittemore himself did not testify. Prosecutors said they had no rebuttal witnesses and Senior U.S. District Judge Larry Hicks told the jury closing arguments would be made Tuesday. ...
A man was injured in a house fire near Desert Inn Road and Boulder Highway on Friday morning, according to the Clark County Fire Department. Firefighters responded to a house at 3506 Anthony Drive and found the front room of the house in flames. The man was transported to a hospital where he was treated for burns on his arms. The fire was contained to the front room, according to the Fire ...
Friday, May 24, 2013 | 10:27 a.m. CARSON CITY -- Gov. Brian Sandoval has asked the Legislature to set aside $4 million in a contingency fund to hire more staff at the Rawson-Neal Psychiatric Hospital, as recommended by a consultant's report. Mike Willden, director of the state Department of Health and Human Services, said today that a request was submitted last week for the money. The ...
Making the news
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Mantra on Jolimont, East Melbourne, Australia
Right from our arrival the Mantra on Jolimont had an air of friendliness, and a sense that the property was ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Las Vegas HeraldLas Vegas Herald | Source for Las Vegas, U.S. & Global News
The Las Vegas Herald is essentially a local Las Vegas newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Las Vegas, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Las Vegas, Nevada, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Las Vegas Herald.
Justin Bieber surprised the young students of a Las Vegas primary school on Friday after he visited the place to declare that he had partnered up with Child Hunger Ends Here campaign.
The 19-year-old singer, who dropped by Whitney Elementary School ahead of his performance at Sunday's Billboard Music Awards, spent time giving food donations to the children as they shed tears of joy after meeting their idol, Contactmusic reported.
Bieber's trip was documented by the cameras of US breakfast show Today and in one clip, the artist can be seen consoling a star-struck girl, saying, "Don't cry, how are you? Give me a hug."
The singer also chatted with headmistress Sherrie Gahn, who has made it her job to provide disadvantaged students and their families with food and clothes throughout the year.
He also promised to fill the school's pantry with endless treats for the whole year, as part of his work with the charitable trust.
Gahn said that the singing sensation's visit meant a lot to the kids and they got to see that someone really important to them believed in them.
Bieber, who had a great time at the institution, thanked the school and Gahn for letting him visit, on Twitter.
"Thanks to Whitney Elementary and Sherrie for letting me come by again. ...
- North Korea envoy hands over China's Xi a note of peace
- UK defends security services over Woolwich murder
- US bridge collapses sending vehicles into water
- Friend of Boston bombers had confessed to 2011 triple murders claims FBI
- Drone strikes are legal and extend to US citizens as well, says Obama
- Legacy of cruelty by Islamists should end Bangladesh educationist
- Amaya announces date for 2013 First Quarter earnings release conference call
- How asylum seekers escaped immigration centre went to casino and checked into hostel in Cairns.
- Brick House first beneficiary of casino-revenue loan program
- Galaxy Gaming Leadership to Present at Marcum LLP MicroCap Conference in New York
- Amazon ventures into fan fiction promotion
- Why arent more homeowners selling
- Oil ends week down 2 pct on tepid demand outlook
- Microsoft Cleared of Xbox Patent Violation
- Unexpected Health Insurance Rate Shock-California Obamacare Insurance Exchange Announces Premium Rates
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Pro-Tesla Motors bill dies in Texas House
- Kohls compensation package for former Starbucks exec nearly $10M
- Safety traffic economic development among Arts Districts top goals
- Mountain vinters hit downtown Santa Cruz June 9 to lure beach visitors
- Board approves News Corp split into two entities
- BBC editor apologises for Muslim remark
- Now a radio that can change scripts depending on where you are
- IPL fixers should be banned government must act Sharad Yadav
- TV characters slammed for on-screen unhealthy lifestyles
- Hubble reveals Ring Nebulas true shape
- The Strange Advice A Teacher Gave To One Graduate
- Tuukka Rask ‘You Can Either Cry About It Or Laugh About It’
- Superman Comic Set To Net Family Small Fortune
- Google Puts Out Weird Cartoon About Porn And AdSense
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Las Vegas Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Actress Amanda Bynes accused of bong toss out NYC window
- Smoke from California wildfire could drift to Las Vegas
- Aeromexico launches new route Las Vegas - Puerto Penasco - Hermosillo
- Political heat derails plan to let Legislature meet in Las Vegas
- Air quality advisory issued for ozone smoke from California fire