O.J. Simpson has recently revealed that he had been drinking for the whole day on Sept. 13, 2007, before he robbed two sports memorabilia dealers in a Las Vegas hotel. But sources close to the case think that it might be that watching "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that afternoon made Simpson impulsive, the New York Post reported. The family of Ronald Goldman, who was murdered along with Simpson's ...
Ricardo Woods, left, sits with attorney Wendy Calaway on Thursday after he was found guilty in the shooting death of a man who authorities say identified his assailant by blinking his eyes while ...
Oscar Goodman's most difficult client wasn't a mobster. It was visionary Jay Sarno, the Caesars Palace founder "who probably had as much to do with shaping the modern theme-oriented Las Vegas as Steve Wynn or Howard Hughes," Goodman wrote in his new book, "Being Oscar." "He wouldn't listen," according to Goodman, and they were "constantly banging ...
In his State of the State message Jan. 16, Gov. Brian Sandoval said "we must be mindful that while Nevada's economy is growing, we must avoid actions that will slow our economy. Tax increases will only hurt job growth. I have no doubt we can fund our state's priorities without increasing ...
$20 millionHow much a group of Summerlin investors paid for the Las Vegas 51s, increasing the chances that the 30-year-old minor league team could move to the suburbs.13The number of days early Las Vegas experienced its first triple-digit temperature with Monday's high of 102. In an average year, the mercury doesn't hit 100 until May 26.69How many more days with highs in the 100s we ...
Dawn of the Dead (1978) [DVD]
Ten years after he reinvented the American horror film with the seminal Night of the Living Dead (1968), George A. Romero returned to his story of the world being taken over by zombies in Dawn of the Dead, a film that is every bit as shocking, inventive, inte ... ...
Complaining works. Whether it's to get yourself motivated, or just to make you feel like you've done something, go ahead and complain. Complain to your spouse, complain to your boss, complain to your kids and your friends and your co-workers. Don't let the self-help gurus deter you with their talk of negativity and bad juju. Negativity is a part of life. Let us not ignore it. ...
WASHINGTON -- House Republicans took another whack last week at the 2010 health care overhaul, voting to repeal the law that is transforming the landscape for health insurance. Lawmakers voted 229-195 along party lines to repeal "Obamacare" in its entirety, marking the 37th time the GOP-controlled House has voted to get rid of all or part of the law. The measure stands no chance of ...
School counselor Brenda Reeh stands next to a mural that she helped paint at Quannah McCall Elementary School on Monday in North Las Vegas. Reeh has been selected as Clark County's Educator of the ...
Blink and you might have missed it. But the stakes were raised this past week in the burgeoning investigation of corruption inside local homeowners associations and the construction defect racket. Two events promise to substantially increase pressure on key defendants -- and just might cause some unnamed subjects to lose a little sleep. The first event involves Leon Benzer, a central figure in ...
Dancers in Ballet Folklorio from the After-School All-Stars at Squires Elementary School prepare to dance Wednesday for the grand opening celebration of La Comida. Restaurateur Jenna Morton credited a grant worth up to $45,000 for prompting the decision to open the trendy Mexican restaurant in downtown Las ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort
Tropical gardens, salt water lagoons, exotic wildlife, two championship golf courses, a full service health spa, eight tennis courts, racquetball, ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Las Vegas HeraldLas Vegas Herald | Source for Las Vegas, U.S. & Global News
The Las Vegas Herald is essentially a local Las Vegas newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Las Vegas, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Las Vegas, Nevada, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Las Vegas Herald.
O.J. Simpson has recently revealed that he had been drinking for the whole day on Sept. 13, 2007, before he robbed two sports memorabilia dealers in a Las Vegas hotel.
But sources close to the case think that it might be that watching "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that afternoon made Simpson impulsive, the New York Post reported.
The family of Ronald Goldman, who was murdered along with Simpson's ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson, were on "Oprah" to discuss the controversial book "If I Did It: Confessions of the Killer," just before Simpson entered the Palace Station Hotel to rob the dealers.
The book is a repackaged version of a 'fictitious' book Simpson had written titled simply, "If I Did It," based on the murders of which he was acquitted in 1995.
That project was scrapped, and the rights were handed over to the Goldman family after Simpson was ordered to pay 33 million dollars to the victims' families in a wrongful death civil suit.
The Goldmans appeared on "Oprah" the same day, the new version of book which included comments from the Goldmans was launched.
Kim Goldman, Ronald's sister, said on 'Oprah,' that it was sending him a message.
She had further said that he had spent hours putting together this 'confession' about how he killed Ron and Nicoleand he worked hard, thinking he was going to make millions off of it, but they snatched it from him. ...
- Missile launched from North Korea
- Mobile phones can be tracked says US judge
- Sex assaults convince top general to take action
- US Pak should acknowledge each others roles in good work they do Sherry Rehman
- Sarah Michelle Gellar shares best parenting advice
- A record Powerball jackpot isnt a record to celebrate
- Gaming consultant to report findings
- Gaming grooms teens for gambling
- How IRS controversy could shape Obamas legacy
- Playing Russian Roulette With a Volcano
- Famous New York artists bring huge prices
- 10 Endangered Places To Visit Now
- Best Places To See Jacarandas In Bloom In Los Angeles
- Slide Show 10 countries where people fear for their safety
- If You Want To Be Successful Dont Spend Too Much Time Planning A Case Study
- Wyndham enters into Singapore with 2 brands.
- Are North Americans ready to spend
- Travel Industry Leaders Discuss Tourism’s Impact on the U.S. Economy and Changing Vacation Demographics
- Wanda Hotels and Resorts to Expand IDeaS Revenue Management Support Across All Group Managed Hotels
- Iran executes two spies working for CIA Mossad
- Sarah Michelle Gellar shares best parenting advice
- Popular Vietnam cable TV provider drops CNN BBC over decree requiring Vietnamese translation
- SNL Recap Ben Affleck Episode Sends Bill Hader Off in Style
- Fall TV news and Arrested Development returns TV Talk this week
- Proposed New Toothbrush Could Secrete Caffeine During Brushing Process
- It’s a great feeling to fly to twist to rotate
- A comedic performance true to Neil Simons vision
- Global Manager Leading With the Help of Humor
- European Union finds time to tell restaurants how to serve olive oil
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Las Vegas Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Did The Oprah Winfrey Show make O.J. Simpson snap
- Dying man identifies assailant by blinking
- Mob business mix in Goodman book
- Sandoval keeps tax promise as Legislature nears end
- Week in Review Top News May 19