Justin Bieber surprised the young students of a Las Vegas primary school on Friday after he visited the place to declare that he had partnered up with Child Hunger Ends Here campaign. The 19-year-old singer, who dropped by Whitney Elementary School ahead of his performance at Sunday's Billboard Music Awards, spent time giving food donations to the children as they shed tears of joy after ...
Michael Luangrath, 29, gave his mother, Dao Vahn, a longtime downtown Las Vegas business owner and cancer survivor, a $175,000 house for Mother’s Day. The mother and son are shown here in a photo illustration of her house in North Las Vegas on Thursday, May 16, ...
best burgers in Las Vegas was a delicious and hunger-inducing look at the burger in its most refined and elaborate form. But what about more common burgers? The blue-collar ones from places with roadside signs? The ones you might be able to order at a drive-thru? We wanted to give those some love, too, so we asked sun.com staffers to suggest some of their favorite quick-stop burgers. Here are a ...
Tina Kunzer-Murphy will be the interim athletic director at UNLV, it was announced Monday, May 20, 2013. Last year Kunzer-Murphy stepped down after a 12-year run as executive director of the Las Vegas ...
A former mob lawyer, he promoted his city and himself with antics that lent credibility to his self-given title of "Happiest mayor in the ...
67.3°F Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the SSW at 2.0 MPH Gusting to 5.0 MPH
As the title suggests, Richard CurtisLove Actually is, quite simply, about love. Not just your standard romantic variety of love (though there is plenty of that to be found), but also the love between friends, parents and children, brothers and sisters, and even a broken down rock star and his portly manager. In an age marked by cynicism and irony, Love Actually is unashamedly upbea ... ...
Interim School Board Superintendent Pat Skorkowsky listens during a Clark County School Board meeting at the Clark County School Board headquarters on Thursday, April 11. Skorkowsky was appointed to the top school board job after former superintendent Dwight Jones sudden decision to depart his post last ...
Col. Barry Cornish, commander of the 99th Air Base Wing, discusses measures Nellis AFB has taken to curb sexually aggressive behavior during an interview in his office at the base in Las Vegas, Tuesday, May ...
Former Cantor Gaming sports book director Michael Colbert, shown here at an October 2012 court appearance, is being investigted by the Nevada Gaming Control ...
Researchers say this fossil, pulled from the hills north of Las Vegas last year, is the lower jaw and bottom teeth of an extinct ice age horse that roamed the area more than 13,000 years ...
There were years they won the most awards, but never THE award for best Clark County high school newspaper. For the past four years, The Tribune staff at Liberty High School has been stuck at third place in the Clark County High School Journalism Awards. They landed second in 2008 and squeezed by with an honorable mention in 2007. But they were never recognized as the best standard-format ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Expectations were high for this top of the line Hyatt product in "The Big Easy". The taxi rolled up to ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Las Vegas HeraldLas Vegas Herald | Source for Las Vegas, U.S. & Global News
The Las Vegas Herald is essentially a local Las Vegas newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Las Vegas, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Las Vegas, Nevada, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Las Vegas Herald.
Tiger Woods and Lindsay Vonn were seen having a good time at the annual Tiger's Poker Night in Las Vegas on Friday.
Before the bash at Moorea Beach Club Beachside Casino at Mandalay Bay began, a hotel employee spotted Woods entering the casino with a group of women, including Vonn, 28, Us magazine reported.
The employee said that Woods looked like a hot mess, asserting that his hair was all messed up.
Once inside the casino, Woods quickly lost to an amateur player, but stayed throughout the tourney to meet other celeb guests - including Mark Cuban, Kid Rock, Mehki Phifer, L.A. Clippers player Chris Paul and many poker pros, with the band Lifehouse performing towards the end of the evening.
The evening was part of the weekend-long Tiger Jam in Las Vegas. Vonn was happy to be part of the weekend and took her sister, Karin Kildow, along with her for the festivities.
Proceeds from the charity will benefit the golfing legend's titular foundation (ANI)
- Ignoring warnings North Korea continues to fire projectiles
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- Shocking lawsuit claims NY high schools admissions policy racially biased
- US charges three NYU researchers for taking bribes from Chinese company
- Quinn No new casinos without pension reform
- Norway Jo Benkow former President of the Norwegian Parliament has died leaving behind a memorable legacy
- OBJE Announces Hot New Mobile Gaming App for Apple and Android
- Macau hosts Asias largest gaming expo
- Dice Man books influenced business tycoon Sir Richard Branson
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- How The Obama Gun Boom Pushed The Fortune Of Two Brothers To $1.2 Billion
- Leadership Lessons From The IRS
- The Tech Innovator Who Almost Killed Saddam Hussein
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Chef Yono headlines Bounty of the County gala to benefit Schoharie recovery
- Hello Bistro to locate at Market Square
- Pegasus Solutions Names John Kiszla Vice President Demand Account Management
- Eleven Appoints Industry Veteran Cyndi Shepley as Senior VP of Sales
- Paris Hiltons beau shoves harassing female fan at Cannes
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- IPL Spot-fixing TV star Vindu Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Maarty Broekman wants to work with Alesha Dixon
- Too much time indoors may damage kids eyes
- Uganda to Continue Leaked Letter Investigation Says Official
- Tumblr Users Urge New Owner Yahoo To Keep The Site Weird
- Bizarre Video Did Pope Perform “Exorcism”
- Russia slams outrageous Eurovision vote
- Mahatma Gandhi blood sample up for auction in London
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Las Vegas Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Justin Bieber teams up with Child Hunger Ends Here campaign
- A house for Mothers Day a viral video for Las Vegas son
- Budget burger challenge Which is the finest in Vegas
- Football ticket sales at the top of UNLV interim athletic directors priorities
- Charismatic Las Vegas mob lawyer mayor pens memoir