Americans are at their most optimistic since 2007 according to a Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan index of consumer sentiment. The preliminary index has shown optimism increased to 83.7 in May as stocks surged and real estate climbed. With record stock prices boosting household wealth and unemployment down in some areas, consumers were able to see their way through the effects of ...
The zoo this year costs $44 for adults and $34 for children under 13, after a series of annual increases. Since 2009, the cost of admission has gone up 26 percent for grown-ups and 31 percent for ...
U-T San Diego surveyed more than 40 public and nonprofit zoos to identify the most expensive in the U.S. Family admission prices, and membership costs, were based on tickets for two adults and two children, 8 and 13. ...
Independent investors have been a little shocked by the persistence and magnitude of the U.S. equity market's advance in 2013, and have been worried that it is unstable and largely unprecedented. Bears are arguing that 2013 most resembles 1987, which started super-strong but was undercut in late October by a massive one-day drop of 20%. The reality is that there have been many years ...
is back in fighting shape after a one-week lull last Sunday. Tonight's episode was great--another character-driven episode but, unlike last week's episode, not a dull moment to be found. It struck me during the very first scene between Arya Stark and Sandor Clegane just how perfectly cast both characters were. Rory McCann plays the Hound almost exactly how I imagined him. You can see ...
Despite getting good reviews and several Oscar nominations when it was first released in 1945, in the long run, Alfred Hitchcock's Spellbound, the second of four films he would make with powerful independent producer David O. Selznick, has gotten a pretty bad rap. Consider that, in the lengthy, book-length interviews Franois Truffaut conducted with Hitchcock, the section on Spellbound ...
Stock indexes rallying to new highs have put investors on alert for a correction. Now they have something else to worry about: Too many individual stocks touching ...
(Credit: Craig Swatton/iStockphoto) In just a few short years, smartphone photography has reached critical mass. It used to be the case that a camera module on a phone was a curious anomaly rather than the rule, but now you would be hard pressed to find a mobile device without a lens on it somewhere. To demonstrate just how much mobile photography has permeated contemporary society, take a ...
LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- U.S. crude-oil futures slipped Monday, pulling back from gains in the previous session after a firmer view of the economy by consumers raised prospects for energy ...
Accra, May 20, GNA - Microsoft, a global ICT giant, has organised an information technology workshop, to motivate Ghanaian students to develop applications that can be used to solve real life problems in Ghana and the African ...
We have seen bouts of reality emerging in phases, which have subsequently been washed over by the relentless search for yield, Slovenia's bond issue last week being a classic example. However, the deteriorating economic and political triggers in Europe appear likely to cause a bout of serious risk-off, starting early this ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers
I could not find the Web site for this hotel, and it was not listed on any of the Internet ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Las Vegas HeraldLas Vegas Herald | Source for Las Vegas, U.S. & Global News
The Las Vegas Herald is essentially a local Las Vegas newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Las Vegas, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Las Vegas, Nevada, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Las Vegas Herald.
O.J. Simpson has recently revealed that he had been drinking for the whole day on Sept. 13, 2007, before he robbed two sports memorabilia dealers in a Las Vegas hotel.
But sources close to the case think that it might be that watching "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that afternoon made Simpson impulsive, the New York Post reported.
The family of Ronald Goldman, who was murdered along with Simpson's ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson, were on "Oprah" to discuss the controversial book "If I Did It: Confessions of the Killer," just before Simpson entered the Palace Station Hotel to rob the dealers.
The book is a repackaged version of a 'fictitious' book Simpson had written titled simply, "If I Did It," based on the murders of which he was acquitted in 1995.
That project was scrapped, and the rights were handed over to the Goldman family after Simpson was ordered to pay 33 million dollars to the victims' families in a wrongful death civil suit.
The Goldmans appeared on "Oprah" the same day, the new version of book which included comments from the Goldmans was launched.
Kim Goldman, Ronald's sister, said on 'Oprah,' that it was sending him a message.
She had further said that he had spent hours putting together this 'confession' about how he killed Ron and Nicoleand he worked hard, thinking he was going to make millions off of it, but they snatched it from him. ...
- Virginia hikers hit by runaway car
- Texas takes on large oil firms
- Kerr suffers wardrobe malfunction
- Chris Brown hit with death threats
- India-US Homeland Security dialogue to begin today
- Jury Begins Deliberation In Las Vegas Casino Case
- Digital gambling a risk for young people
- Digital gambling a risk for teenagers
- Waterhouse set to front gambling inquiry
- Hardcore gamers await next-gen Xbox console cool or not
- Jennifer Lawrence brother being stalked
- Yahoo Board approves billion-dollar deal to buy Tumblr
- Justin Biebers monkey gets a new home
- US-based Pak filmmaker calls for ban on Hollywood Bollywood movies to save failing Pak film industry
- Styles car outside my house Rod Stewart
- Americans happier with economic figures
- Zoo price is as high as its profile
- 21 most expensive U.S. zoos
- 2013 shaping up like 1995
- Game Of Thrones Season 3 Episode 8 Review Second Sons White Walkers
- Project Management of Hotel Opening Processes in Greater China.
- Innovation Campus impact Mall expansion First in Print
- Study Connects Work-Family Imbalance to Employee Turnover.
- China develops new tourism law and advocates behavior.
- IHG expands Holiday Inn brand in Ecuador.
- Politifact re-defines down to give Pelosi a Half-True
- Mel Brooks and the superiority of codger humour
- True gains deserved verdict
- POLITIFACT Texas Gov.s boast rated true
- Dbacks get strange win on a Parra first-pitch HR
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Las Vegas Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Tiger Woods and new girlfriend party at poker charity bash
- Did The Oprah Winfrey Show make O.J. Simpson snap
- Lion Fight Promotions hopes fans of fights get kicks watching Muay Thai
- INTEL Google Glass ban Canvas Pop expansion and a slip of the tongue
- Penn gracious after Apprentice defeat