Justin Bieber surprised the young students of a Las Vegas primary school on Friday after he visited the place to declare that he had partnered up with Child Hunger Ends Here campaign. The 19-year-old singer, who dropped by Whitney Elementary School ahead of his performance at Sunday's Billboard Music Awards, spent time giving food donations to the children as they shed tears of joy after ...
A local urology practice will pay $1 million to the U.S. Department of Justice for improperly billing numerous federal health care organizations, according to Nevada U.S. Attorney Daniel Bogden. Las Vegas Urology, which has seven Las Vegas locations, improperly billed health care agencies such as Medicare, TRICARE, and others from 2005 to 2010. The company settled with the Justice Department ...
Judge Robert J. Bennett granted a motion by Jeremiah Bean's public defender in Fernley Justice Court on Tuesday to require the competency evaluation before Bean stands trial on 19 charges, including first-degree murder, arson and ...
CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) -- A bill creating a state-managed fund to distribute donations and grants to victims of human trafficking has cleared the Nevada ...
LAS VEGAS -- The two men facing murder charges in the death of a 15-year-old high school student appeared in a Las Vegas courtroom Tuesday morning. Michael Solid, 21, and Jacob Dismont, 18, made ...
91.6°F Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the SSW at 1.0 MPH Gusting to 16.0 MPH
What Women Want [DVD]
Playing Nick Marshall, the wealthy, successful, male-chauvinist Chicago ad executive in What Women Want marks the first time Mel Gibson has played the lead role in a straight romantic comedy. While the more recent entries into the Lethal Weapon franchise have played like comedies with an extreme body count, Gibson has never been in a movie like this one, which is surprising beca ... ...
The party-line vote Tuesday in the Senate Finance Committee came after family members of Sandy Hook and the Tucson shooting victims held a news conference urging passage of SB221. The bill now heads to the Senate ...
In the mid-2000s, Dr. Dipak Desai was shopping his clinics around and, as his business consultant testified Tuesday, facilities with higher volumes of traffic garnered the higher sales price. Lawrence Preston, a health care consultant, said endoscopy clinics could go for around $5 million or $6 million. Most of the national companies that expressed interest in Desai's Shadow Lane facility ...
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 | 12:26 p.m. Metro Police homicide detectives were investigating a suspicious death Tuesday at a house in the 8000 block of Green Pasture Avenue in northwest Las Vegas. Police were called about 11 a.m. after a woman was found dead in the house in the area of Lone Mountain Road and Durango Drive, police spokesman Sgt. John Shehan said. A homicide unit was dispatched because ...
VATICAN CITY -- Is Pope Francis an exorcist? The question has bubbled up ever since Francis laid his hands on the head of a young man in a wheelchair after celebrating Sunday Mass in St. Peter's Square. The young man heaved deeply a half-dozen times, shook, then slumped in his wheelchair as Francis prayed over him. The television station of the Italian bishops' conference reported ...
Leon Benzer, indicted in a scheme to take over homeowners associations in the Las Vegas Valley, says he had approval from Nevada Attorney General Catherine Cortez ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort
Tropical gardens, salt water lagoons, exotic wildlife, two championship golf courses, a full service health spa, eight tennis courts, racquetball, ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Las Vegas HeraldLas Vegas Herald | Source for Las Vegas, U.S. & Global News
The Las Vegas Herald is essentially a local Las Vegas newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Las Vegas, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Las Vegas, Nevada, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Las Vegas Herald.
Justin Bieber surprised the young students of a Las Vegas primary school on Friday after he visited the place to declare that he had partnered up with Child Hunger Ends Here campaign.
The 19-year-old singer, who dropped by Whitney Elementary School ahead of his performance at Sunday's Billboard Music Awards, spent time giving food donations to the children as they shed tears of joy after meeting their idol, Contactmusic reported.
Bieber's trip was documented by the cameras of US breakfast show Today and in one clip, the artist can be seen consoling a star-struck girl, saying, "Don't cry, how are you? Give me a hug."
The singer also chatted with headmistress Sherrie Gahn, who has made it her job to provide disadvantaged students and their families with food and clothes throughout the year.
He also promised to fill the school's pantry with endless treats for the whole year, as part of his work with the charitable trust.
Gahn said that the singing sensation's visit meant a lot to the kids and they got to see that someone really important to them believed in them.
Bieber, who had a great time at the institution, thanked the school and Gahn for letting him visit, on Twitter.
"Thanks to Whitney Elementary and Sherrie for letting me come by again. ...
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Deadly US Twister Hits Tornado Alley
- Rescuers Searching for Survivors Following Deadly US Tornado
- Kerry Mideast Talks on Syria to Include Russian Call for Involving Iran
- 2 Gaming Stocks Worth Buying
- NJs Revel casino exits bankruptcy court
- Patrick Roy as Avs coach would face legacy set by former great players
- DeFazio vying for Markey slots
- Eric Hirshberg Believes Call Of Duty Ghosts On Xbox One Is Stunning Leap Forward For Console Gaming
- Microsoft Unveils New Xbox One Game Console
- Merck to repurchase $5B in common stock
- First Round Of Xbox One Vs. PS4 Goes To Microsoft
- Has Apples Holy Grail of Tax Avoidance Runnethed Over
- China Declares Global State of Emergency An Urgent Telegram from Taihu
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- More restaurants getting a kick start from crowdfunding
- District sues Labor Department over CityCenterDC wage ruling
- Program to certify healthy meals at Denver-area restaurants
- Paris Hiltons beau shoves harassing female fan at Cannes
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- IPL Spot-fixing TV star Vindu Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Maarty Broekman wants to work with Alesha Dixon
- Too much time indoors may damage kids eyes
- Remembering Two Fallen Agents The True Meaning of Valor
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- The true root causes of software security failures
- Unbelievable beef rendang with an Australian twist
- David Sedaris finds humour in the everyday
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Las Vegas Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Justin Bieber teams up with Child Hunger Ends Here campaign
- Las Vegas urology clinics agree to pay $1 million settlement in medical billing case
- Las Vegas Urology Agrees to $1 Million Settlement
- Consultant at Desai trial More clinic patients better sales price
- Police investigating suspicious death at Las Vegas house