CTIA kicked off today in Las Vegas. The last event of the wireless show season, CTIA tends to be a bit quieter than Mobile World Congress and CES. Yet, there are plenty ...
Forget the Space Needle, the e-commerce giant is planning to bring 3.3 million square feet of office space to Seattle in the form of mirrored towers and giant spherical domes filled with plant ...
the Ethernet protocol made its debut as a way to connect machines in close proximity, today it is the networking layer two protocol of choice for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and everything in between. For many people Ethernet is merely the RJ45 jack on the back of a laptop, but its relative ubiquity and simplicity belie what Ethernet has done for the networking ...
Justice Antonin Scalia The Federal Communications Commission's high-profile attempt to defend its net neutrality rules against a court challenge got major support on Monday from the Supreme Court, which ruled in a separate case that regulatory agencies should usually be granted deference in interpreting their own jurisdictions. In a 6-to-3 decision, Justice Antonin Scalia wrote that in ...
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday approved legislation that would bring about the biggest changes in U.S. immigration policy in a generation, setting up a spirited debate in the full Senate next ...
91.6°F Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the North at 1.0 MPH Gusting to 11.0 MPH
As an action movie, Renny Harlin's Driven isn't very good. It isn't very good as a human drama, either. But, as a thinly disguised allegory for the fading career of action star Sylvester Stallone, who both stars in and wrote the movie, it is a perversely enjoyable ride filled with retro pleasures and immense camp potential. Straight-out action fans might be wowed to a limited extent by the ... ...
Steve Wilhite, the man who created the GIF, is miffed that anyone -- be it the Oxford English Dictionary or the White House -- should imagine it's not pronounced like ...
mysteriously silent toward the end of April, to the distress and consternation of comics fans. No word -- official or otherwise -- was heard from either parent company AOL or any of the Comics Alliance staff members. However, the lack of updates on the site since April 29, where it usually updated several times a day, seemed to confirm that Comics Alliance was being shelved and archived. This ...
(Credit: Google) Already known for its speed, Google just boosted Chrome's Web site rendering speed by another 5 percent. The latest stable release of the browser, Chrome 27 (download ...
(Credit: Spotify) This week the most streamed song on Spotify in the U.S. is "Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, and the most shared song on social networks is "Lift Me Up" by Five Finger Death Punch. How did this information become available? Spotify launched a new feature Tuesday that provides weekly updates of the 50 most streamed and viral songs ...
By Andrew OsbornLONDON (Reuters) - Google Inc's tax affairs will come under renewed scrutiny in Britain on Wednesday when the leader of the opposition Labor party accuses the Internet company of wrongly going to "extraordinary lengths" to avoid paying tax.In comments designed to politically outflank Prime Minister David Cameron ahead of next month's G8 summit on what has ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort
Tropical gardens, salt water lagoons, exotic wildlife, two championship golf courses, a full service health spa, eight tennis courts, racquetball, ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Las Vegas HeraldLas Vegas Herald | Source for Las Vegas, U.S. & Global News
The Las Vegas Herald is essentially a local Las Vegas newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Las Vegas, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Las Vegas, Nevada, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Las Vegas Herald.
Justin Bieber surprised the young students of a Las Vegas primary school on Friday after he visited the place to declare that he had partnered up with Child Hunger Ends Here campaign.
The 19-year-old singer, who dropped by Whitney Elementary School ahead of his performance at Sunday's Billboard Music Awards, spent time giving food donations to the children as they shed tears of joy after meeting their idol, Contactmusic reported.
Bieber's trip was documented by the cameras of US breakfast show Today and in one clip, the artist can be seen consoling a star-struck girl, saying, "Don't cry, how are you? Give me a hug."
The singer also chatted with headmistress Sherrie Gahn, who has made it her job to provide disadvantaged students and their families with food and clothes throughout the year.
He also promised to fill the school's pantry with endless treats for the whole year, as part of his work with the charitable trust.
Gahn said that the singing sensation's visit meant a lot to the kids and they got to see that someone really important to them believed in them.
Bieber, who had a great time at the institution, thanked the school and Gahn for letting him visit, on Twitter.
"Thanks to Whitney Elementary and Sherrie for letting me come by again. ...
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Deadly US Twister Hits Tornado Alley
- Rescuers Searching for Survivors Following Deadly US Tornado
- Kerry Mideast Talks on Syria to Include Russian Call for Involving Iran
- Building upon a legacy of dance
- Analysis Cautious optimism greets Xbox One
- How Microsoft is trying to reinvent the gaming console
- Xbox One fuses TV and gaming but will not play earlier titles
- Levy to pay for Syd casino regulation
- Microsoft Unveils New Xbox One Game Console
- Microsoft Reveals The Xbox One
- Medical Schooling for Children
- Should Disability Be Disclosed On The Job
- Asia Markets Tokyo stocks lead Asia ahead of Bank of Japan meet
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Wyndham Hotel Group Introduces Two Hotel Brands Into Singapore
- Vail Resorts sells land for new condos at Breckenridge
- Global factors are strong drivers of Asia hotels revenues.
- Paris Hiltons beau shoves harassing female fan at Cannes
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- IPL Spot-fixing TV star Vindu Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Maarty Broekman wants to work with Alesha Dixon
- Too much time indoors may damage kids eyes
- Liberaces Boy Toy Scott Thorsons Strange Life Story Turned Into HBO Movie
- Relegation woes worry toothless Argentinos Juniors
- The Rob Ford spectacle is incredible and outrageous and his friends need to demand that he do the right thing
- Fabiola Santiago Damas de Blanco are true heroes
- Fallen Agents Remembered for Their “True Valor”
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Las Vegas Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Justin Bieber teams up with Child Hunger Ends Here campaign
- County commissioners consider codes governing reflexology establishments
- Bill would divert some water sewer funds to provide a little relief in North Las Vegas
- Madagascar lemurs multiply in Moapa
- County seeks federal help to use mountainside land for recreation